Eric Vance, the principal of the firm, has 35 years of experience as a professional planner, economist, management consultant and educator. He has conducted hundreds of consulting assignments for a broad range of public and private sector clients in British Columbia, across Canada and in the United States.
Eric was a senior member of the management consulting group of Coopers & Lybrand (now Pricewaterhouse Coopers) for eleven years. He also served as Director of Planning for the City of Port Moody for three years prior to starting his own consulting practice in 1995.
Eric is also an Adjunct Professor in the graduate School of Resource and Environmental Management at Simon Fraser University and was formerly an Adjunct Professor for 12 years in the School of Community & Regional Planning at the University of British Columbia.
Education and Professional Associations
- B.A. and M.A. degrees, Urban and Economic Geography, University of British Columbia.
- Full Member, Fellow and Registered Professional Planner (FCIP, RPP), Planning Institute of British Columbia and Canadian Institute of Planners.
- Full Member and Fellow (FCMC), Institute of Certified Management Consultants of British Columbia and Canadian Association of Management Consultants.
- Registered Member, Association of Professional Economists of British Columbia.
- Full Member, Lamba Alpha International, Land Economics Society.
Eric Vance & Associates has a number of research associates, each of whom has been selected to work with the firm because of their technical expertise and professional experience.
The firm also teams up with other highly respected consulting firms to work on projects where specialized skills are needed. Among these firms are:
- Harris Consulting Inc.
- Yates Thorn and Associates
- Vann Struth Consulting Group
Want to learn more?
We would be pleased to discuss how we can assist your organization.